NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astroboot amusement

Stu

I bought an ancient one for £5 at a boot fair. The objective was only half there, but I bought another Meade one off Astroboot for £5. It's a really lovely scope. Weighs next to nothing , rescued and cheap. I've named her " Takabashi", hurrah !

Nick.

I can understand it.

Saw similar years ago in a software specification.

3.5 years after it was completed someone actually read the specification and noticed an integer data value called "NDumps". This integer was defined as "The average number of dumps that an elephant does in a day."

I wrote at least one into a specification once, like the above no-one ever actually read far enough to get to that point and register it.

One person got really fed up of C and to show the "stupidity" of it called all the variables in his code the same name. They were all called Variable, just different combinations of upper and lower case. Which in C makes them different.

When I was an Avionic apprentice we had to write up reports on the aircraft that we had worked on.

An apprentice colleague of mine decided to write up his day report about what he had for breakfast that day (in great detail).

It remained unread for six months until the apprentice master found out.

He was not amused.  

Lee

Archived