Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Equatorial Platform

Hello I need some help

I have a Sky-Watcher Skyliner-200P Classic Parabolic Dobsonian Telescope I have been looking at getting a HEQ5

mount though I am on a  budget so I have been looking around and have come across Equatorial Platform has anybody used one of these platforms and do they do the same job as the HEQ5 mount as I wont to do some photography i.e. Deep Space and planets any advice welcome. link below for the platform

http://www.equatorial-platforms-uk.co.uk

Thanks

Matt

I'm not sure about DSO imaging (eq platforms usual have a 1 hour tracking limitation, after which the platform needs to be reset and cannot be guided so you may be limited a short exposures -30secs) but for planetary and lunar imaging the platform will make imaging a possibility.

Thank you for both your advice.  As I am learning I just what to make sure I have the right equipment to enable me to take some pics of planets but to also gain experience to be able to move to DSO what I have so far is Canon EOS 1100D Digital SLR Camera with no modification with a T-ring and T-ring adapter with a Sky Watcher x2 1.25" Economy Barlow if I was to purchase a platform with the mentioned equipment would you think this should be sufficient enough for planetary photography but not so much on DSO Imaging?

Many thanks

Matt

Archived