NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Nice meteor - 8th july at 2:27am

michaelmorris

Well done, good catch. Did you only manage the one (not meant to be derogatory)? How long were you set up for?

Ian

Don't worry, absolutely no offence taken.  The set-ups been running for about 18 months now. On a clear night I pickup anything between none (about 50% of clear nights) and 50 (Perseids peak).  I only posted this one because it was particularly bright and the whole track was caught.  My apologies for the lousy quality,  Youtube really mashes up the image quality. I probably going to end up posting results on Flickr as the video upload quality is so much better.  You can see some of my videos at https://www.flickr.com/photos/35263607@N05/with/13951680854/

I am upgrading the whole system over the next few months with a system based on a WATEC 902H2 Ultimate camera and Computer 2.6mm f1.0 auto iris lens.  The combination of very sensitive camera and very fast lens should pick up loads more meteors

Hi Michael. ..have you seen the new watec 910 with rc..I was talking to bern at modern astronomy he is testing one just now and says it very good. .

pricey though..davy

Have you thought about my site for broadcasting new feature live broadcast.

Live chat ..

Shame.. seemingly very sensitive camera..davy

There was a review of the 910 in the latest edition of the International Meteor Organisation Journal. From my recollection it concluded that it was a nice camera, but not as sensitive for meteor observing (i.e. at 1/50th sec exposure) as the 902 H2.

Archived