NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Alternative to MaxIm DL "Exposure Planner"?

Gib007

I was speaking to someone about astrophotography today and he mentioned how there's a plugin for MaxIm DL by Hilary Jones called "Exposure Planner". Apparently this plugin allows you to select a particular segment of a test exposure and it calculates what kind of exposure length and number of exposures you require in order to reach a desired Signal-to-Noise Ratio.

This is absolutely fantastic as it takes a lot of the guess-work out of imaging new targets with new equipment. I do however not use MaxIm DL or wish to invest in it. I use Nebulosity and PHD Guiding for image capture and autoguiding, very happily. Is there an alternative to this "Exposure Planner" out there? I wouldn't mind paying for it either. Thank you!

Hi Daz,

I use:-

MultiStar Guider - Get this to work most of the time, if you use a guide scope. Not got it to work using OAG.

Pinpoint Guider Calibration - If you can solve your guider image this plugin is brilliant, so quick to use.

Sky Flats Assistant - Brilliant, takes all the work out of producing flat frames.

Hats off to John Winfield for all his hard work  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Steve

Archived