Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Gamma Cygni nebulas with MONO 350D - WIP

Luis Campos

Hi all,

This is the first time I'm using my little ED80 and a TS Photoline 0.8x reducer / flattener togheter with my TEC cooled and monochrome Canon 350D :)

I'm blown away with the sharp pin point stars this combo produces, and the detail with only 480mm f/l is very good, I can't wait to get some nice clear skies (will it ever happen...?) to go for the veil, north america, etc...

This is a work in progress image, hope to give it another two or three hours before the moon gets in the way.

Hope you enjoy:

get.jpg

Best wishes,

Luís

Hi Luis,

Great image from you yet again. I still have not used my Mono 350d in anger yet since I converted it but I have got it working. Just waiting for a clear night.

Regards and clear skies,

A.G

Thanks A.G. :)

Yep, same here, rain and clouds...this one need more time to smooth it, but still I'm quite happy with the details :)

Hope to see some work of your mono 350D, this is one hell of a camera for narrowband!

Cheers,

Luís

Brilliant! :)  Superb detail :)  Do I detect a tiny guiding problem though?  Those almost pinpoint stars are just a little stretched.  I don't wish to detract from this fantastic image, just nit picking as a positive thing (sorry my recall of the right words is failing me as I get older).

I'm getting frustrated waiting until I can get a mono modified and cooled DSLR on line myself :D  Maybe I should try to make the case parts by hand rather than waiting until I can get my 3D printer working again :D

Hi Gina,

There's some residual miscorrection on the corners especially near the bottom lef/right corners, I'm just using the reducer / corrector as is just on the Tring, must try with a little different spacing to see what happens.

Yes, you should finish yours, I'm having a lot of fun now with the summer nebulas =)

Cheers,

Archived