NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

timelapse on Nikon d40

Hi folks,

this is my first ever post in the imaging section where ive asked a question so please be gentle !

I want to have a go at doing some timelapse movies using my nikon d40 but the camera doesnt have a built in intervalometer. It does however have an ir remote function so I "think" I need an ir intervalometer to trigger the camera.

Any ideas if im on the right track and if so does anyone know of such a piece of kit.

Im not looking to spend loads, maybe £30 or so, and I want to use my d40 as thats what I have to hand, but I fancy having a go as I think these sort of short videos really capture the essesnce of a nught under the stars.

cheers

I have considered using some sort of app but none of my tech have an ir output as everything is via blue tooth these days and I didnt find an app to suit anyway.

Thanks in anticipation.

If you have a phone with IR capability you can use a free app called DSLR remote to control the camera if it doesnt there are instructions to make a dongle that fits in the headphone skt on the site.

Alan

OOPS i didnt read the last bit of the post.

Archived