NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Question about Lodestar Live

HiloDon

Hi All,

Does anyone know (I'm sure Paul does) if two LL programs can be downloaded on the same computer and run simultaneously for two separate Lodestar cameras? I have a Mac.

I'm thinking of running two scopes and two cameras. One for wide field and one narrow.

Thanks

Don

Hi All,

Does anyone know (I'm sure Paul does) if two LL programs can be downloaded on the same computer and run simultaneously for two separate Lodestar cameras? I have a Mac.

I'm thinking of running two scopes and two cameras. One for wide field and one narrow.

Thanks

Don

I suspect there may be conflict with two LL running at the same time - how would it know which camera to address?

However I run two cameras under one LL for e-finder and main scope but not simultaneously! As long as the exposure loop is stopped then the camera USBs can be swapped and continue as before but with a different (Lodestar) camera. It works fine but your dark can't apply to both cameras. I ignore darks on the e-finder and do a post save despeckle to remove hot pixels :-)

Currently you can only have one instance of Lodestar Live running connected to one camera on one PC / Mac. For simplicity, it finds the first Lodestar camera on the USB bus and connects to it, so if you opened a second instance it would lock onto the first camera thus triggering an error on the first instance of the program running.

It should be quite possible to run two instances and two cameras. I think it would be a case if multiple SX cameras are detected on the USB bus then it pops up a dialog asking you which one you want to connect to. That way you can run multiple and just have to make sure you select the appropriate camera. Will add to the wish list!

Sadly work is not being kind on my free time at the moment so I didn't get a chance to look into the small issue I want to fix before releasing the live stacking version. Stay tuned though, I am close to a release - just need a free evening or so!!

It should be quite possible to run two instances and two cameras. I think it would be a case if multiple SX cameras are detected on the USB bus then it pops up a dialog asking you which one you want to connect to. That way you can run multiple and just have to make sure you select the appropriate camera. Will add to the wish list!

The tricky bit will be identifying which camera is which :)

James

Archived