Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO ASI120MC Settings help

Hi all

Please help I just recieved my new ASI120MC camera which I am yet to try out due to cloudy skies, can any one help me on some settings that I could try out, I will hopefully be trying to video the sun, moon, saturn and mars.

I had a quick look through the instructions but to be honest I realy dont understand them, it mentions gama settings FPS settings, I dont know what to set them at.

many thanks

Hi, leave gamma at 50, adjust gain to give you a decent histogram at around 0.6th second ish shutter speed.

not perfect but a start  :grin:

What capture software are you planning on using ... Sharpcap, Firecapture ?

My recollection is that you can be quite aggressive with the gain on the 120MC if necessary, and in fact it may be preferable that you are.  I agree with knobby though.  Let the histogram be your guide.  I'd aim to get the histogram around 70% to 75% using the exposure time to get a frame rate I was happy with and then adjusting the gain.  If the gain gets really extreme, then the exposure time has to give.

James

Archived