NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SUNday Ha, 29/6/14

JB80

Somehow I managed to overexpose all my white light shots today and by the time I found out it was too late to go back so I set up the PST mod for a session, I would of done a bit more and maybe tried a mosaic but it was too hot out there under the towel.

The ASI120mm is still producing the goods so that's going quite well. I think I love this cam. :D

14510236786_807a3e808a.jpg

14529960081_11707afc99.jpg

14533342635_c9f1bf36e9.jpg

14529957071_8aed1640b3.jpg

Super stuff, Jarrod, a lovely collection :smiley:

I've managed to overexpose white light shots a few times, it is a bit annoying :mad:

I am hoping that is less likely for me, now, as I updated Firecapture and I don't know if it's default or if I accidentally switched it on, but I now see some histogram bars when I record, that should help to make sure I don't clip the image! :laugh: :laugh:

Superb Jarrod.  Where these with your ASI120MM?  There isn't a hint of Netwon Rings.  I took some Ha tonight with an ASI120MM and as long as the focal length wasn't too long there are no Newton Rings, even at 60 fps.

Robin

Thanks all. :)

Super stuff, Jarrod, a lovely collection :smiley:

I've managed to overexpose white light shots a few times, it is a bit annoying :mad:

I am hoping that is less likely for me, now, as I updated Firecapture and I don't know if it's default or if I accidentally switched it on, but I now see some histogram bars when I record, that should help to make sure I don't clip the image! :laugh: :laugh:

I overexposed with the dslr, it normally happens when I use it for night shots as I forget to change all of the settings and then it has a knock on effect the next day when I forget to change them back. :D

Superb Jarrod.  Where these with your ASI120MM?  There isn't a hint of Netwon Rings.  I took some Ha tonight with an ASI120MM and as long as the focal length wasn't too long there are no Newton Rings, even at 60 fps.

Robin

Cheers, yeah these are with the ASI120MM, I only get the rings when I add a barlow into the chain which is annoying as this camera should perform well on close ups.

Archived