NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Missed the Sunset so grabbed a Static Shot of Orion

There was a lovely intense pinkness to the sky as the sun was setting so I grabbed my camera and tripod but could not find the shoe plate to attach the camera. This delayed me a little and I then charged out of the house and off to an open space just down the road. The sun was sinking rapidly and I didnt make in time to a clearing where I could have got a good shot of the sunset. I waited a little and Orion was there so I grabbed a quick shot. I like the rainbow colours in the shot from the glow of the Moon and the street lights so I left the picture as is.

3920_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Regards

Kevin

That's a really nice image Kevin and exposure is spot on.

Nice to see just "normal" photographic images and proves the point than anyone can take an astro image without all the fancy gear, you just need imagination.

What were the camera and exposure details ?

Brendan

That's a really nice image Kevin and exposure is spot on.

Nice to see just "normal" photographic images and proves the point than anyone can take an astro image without all the fancy gear, you just need imagination.

What were the camera and exposure details ?

Brendan

Thanks for the nice comments the picture was taken with a Canon 400d with a 10mm Sigma EX lens 30s exposure at ISO 100. Although I have the portable kit for long exposures its nice to keep it simple now and again and use a static tripod. With a wideangle lens you can take reasonably long exposures without any noticeable trailing.

Regards

Kevin

Archived