Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PHD and OSX

D4N

I see that there are mac versions of both PHD and PHD2, however they won't talk to my camera :s

If I use the windows version it works but I don't really want to have to use windows just for the guiding.

Camera is ASI120MM, has anyone got this to guide in OSX?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZWO have patches to get PHD to work on a Mac with their cameras I believe.  I don't know if they've been incorporated into the source yet.  You do also need the "compatible" version of the firmware installed if you have a Mac with USB3, which I think must be done on Windows though I've raised the possibility of using fxload to do it on either Linux or OSX.  I'm not sure about Macs that only have USB2.

James

Yep I've used the firmware update and can use the camera to capture video no problem.

Went on the OpenPHD discussion group and found they have already done it just it's not on the main release yet.

I'll download a development build and see if it works.

I just have USB2, I was able to update the firmware using virtual windows running on mac. Oddly I had to do that before the camera would work in the virtual windows.

Archived