Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dead Arduino nano :(

Dave_D

Somehow managed to kill my nano :( no power light when connected to usb with different cables and computers. Anyone else who uses arduinos had anything similar? All i was doing was installing IDE on a spare laptop. Installer asked for driver location and then nothing...

Edit: just found that it powers up using an external 12v psu on the expansion board

there are pins on the nano to power it independently of the usb, try using a 9v battery to power it as a test.

another issue with the arduino usb, they can clash with the serial port drivers of your pc, pc then reports an unknown device. plug in the nano and check pc device manager to see it the device is recognised.

if not uninstall the drivers and the IDE software and try again.

good luck!

Sounds like the diode D1 has failed, so it is no longer receiving power from the USB port. Either use an external supply, or put a blob of solder across D1 to bypass it. If you bypass the diode, it is best not to use an external supply again. You could add a two pin header across the diode and have a removable jumper on it to disconnect the USB supply when you are using an external one.

Sounds like the diode D1 has failed, so it is no longer receiving power from the USB port. Either use an external supply, or put a blob of solder across D1 to bypass it. If you bypass the diode, it is best not to use an external supply again. You could add a two pin header across the diode and have a removable jumper on it to disconnect the USB supply when you are using an external one.

yeah i found it's ok on external power. ordered a couple more so this one will stay as my development board.

Archived