Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First light with my Megrez tonight :)

F137CHA

Well I'm all setup in the garden ready for my first imaging attempt with all my new toys couldn't resist after hearing it's going to be clear tonight. Also it will be my first time trying to guide a mount so I may be swearing a bit later on. I will post any images obtain within a few days. egegazu2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ooooo good luck!   im too knackard with work to set mine up now :(  just bare in mind its not going to be dark enough untill 12/1.    

i cant wait to see your photos with your little megrez  mine supprises me on how well it preforms visually, iv only managed one decent image at present as i havent had a chance to get it out properly with the astrotrac.

That should give me some time to get everything working tidy. First time using this mount also I hadn't realised. So new scope and mount test tonight.

I've purchased a sw field flattener not sure if it will make a difference but it's certainly worth ago for the money

heres a random starfield image around Cassiopeia  i took with my 1100d, megrez and a SW FF.    its a jpg as the raw is a little too big but the jpg looks awful than the real thing :(

it was 30 seconds long with 8 images stacked against darks. iv used the megrez untill that night for visual only, and iv never mounted it on the astrotrac on the kson mount before (bought a new bar to do it :D) my PA was off and focusing so you should get far far better images than mine  it wasnt even dark (bout 11 oclock) i really really look forward to seeing your images :)

can i ask whats your target of choice tonight?

and how is your guide scope mounted?

post-9175-0-22152200-1403210043_thumb.jp

i tried to go for m101 the other night. sadly where i had set up the position for m101 was making the camera touch the mount legs :( but it was a right off in the end haha PA was Rubbish.

really love the set up of the guider do you allign with a normal finder first before replacing it with the guider?   iv been considering getting a synguider but lets get it right for short images first:P

no I will do it all though the camera via apt, CDC for my object selection and eq ascom using a game pad to move the mount aslong as my pa it good it should be pretty bang on I would think

the advantage of a HEQ5 lol  im all old school altrough the amount if spent on this rig i probally could of bought an new6 by now.  ah well lol    good luck tonight, gotta go to sleep now for the morning :)  hope it goes well :)

random question luke, roughly where in gwent are you?

Archived