Hello from Romania

pcd109

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First and foremost THANK YOU ALL for the worm welcomme.

Hi 'pcd109' and welcome to SGL.

What has happened to your DIY refractor?
I have not seen many posts by members on SGL
who have built or build their own refractor!

Well Phillip,

I kept the scope. Since i was very young - really, too young for a proper construction - the mount was not very good(AZ type, self made). After a while i got 'magnification fever' haha, and tried to replace the main objective lens(done from a regular optic lens, single lens objective that is) and busted it. Idea was coming from a friend of mine: i have a better lens then yours. So go figure that i put it and it was, of course, useless. It took me some time to find and purchase a second objective lens, and then kind off abandoned the telescope. Now i wanted to have a new look at it, but it got thrown away from some cleaning person. Never forget it though, i had few phenomenal nights with it and it ignited my passion witch never died. I was living a lot in the capital and had no time for my passion, but recently moved to country side and it's a pleasure to have a scope. I have my mak for almost a year now and it's a very-very good scope. But i will definitely buy at least one frac again. This year is very rainy though, never seen so much rain and clouds...

Archived