NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Teddy Bear - Sun in WL, 14th June, 2014

Luke

Earlier today, on Father's Day, I had just finished processing the false colour version of this mono capture of the Sun that I grabbed last evening in a rush. I said out loud I wonder what to call this picture. My four-year-old son said he wanted to call it "Teddy Bear." So here is the Teddy Bear Sun :)

As it turns out, I think it's a much better name than any of mine: When I asked him why he wants to call it "Teddy Bear," he said it's because the Sun is lovely, like a Teddy Bear :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

14424526571_f3eb940912_c.jpg

14447513733_6b486fc551_c.jpg

I got some ace pressies for Father's Day. As well as beer (surprised they sold it to him!) and Jaffa cakes, I got a lovely book on the Sun: "Observing the Sun - A Pocket Field Guide," by Jamey L. Jenkins. I'm only up to about page 20, it looks a very good book and there are some great piccies from Alexandra in it :laugh:

---
14th June, 2014
Tele Vue 60mm, Lunt 1.25 wedge, Grasshopper 3 (ICX687) video camera, UV/IR cut filter, 1.6x Barlow

Archived