NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQMosaic camera FOV?

Hi guys just trying to setup EQMosaic's camera FOV but its in arc minutes, how would i go about setting the FOV for my QHY5L-ii with x2 barlow as its confusing the hell out of me

this is what the spec says for the QHY but how would i change this to arc minutes?

Pixel Size: 3.75um x 3.75um (1280 x 960) 1.2 Mega Pixels

im doing a QHY5L-ii mosaic of the moon by the way, might as well make use of the moon instead of cursing it

Download this:  http://www.newastro.com/book_new/camera_app.php   and bung in your camera and scope details.  It will give a fov in arcmins as well as a visual image of what the camera will actually see through the scope.

Thanks Roger, downloaded it and checking it out now, cant see any options for QHY cam's, think ill have to add the pixel size myself

think its 9.5 x 12.7 Martin

Thanks Jake, ill confirm that it is 9.5 x 12.7 :)

ive entered my scope and camera, the only option im not sure on is the array size for the QHY, what is array size any way?

with my 130-pds and QHY with x2 barlow at the moment im getting a FOV of 5.1 x 7.6 arcmin

post-23929-0-04833900-1402690242_thumb.j

just trying to put a recticle box on CDC as shown in the video, to match my chip size, does anyone know how to do it in CDC?

edit, done it now :)

will i be better taking snap shots with the QHY? instead of many avi frames and stacking, i took a test avi with the QHY the other day and the single tiff was much better then the stack?

Archived