NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn, June 12th

It's a great camera that's a lovely sized image. I really want the powermate as I use a 3x skywatcher barlow on my 200p. I imaged Saturn last night and the main issue i found was the moon washed out the contrast and detail otherwise with perfect et stream conditions it would have been great conditions for imaging.

Here I attach last nights Saturn after stacking in AS!2, wavelets and RGB in Registax6, and processing saturation and contrast in Photoshop. hedu7e9u.jpg

I think I over cooked exposure.

For reference here is Saturn with no moon on 25th may with ideal conditions. So you can see the moon really affects detail and colour accuracy.

gamepeme.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hope you do'nt mind Andy i had a go at your Saturn because it is really good and looked like there was a bit more detail after a resize and a few tweaks this is it now great capture i wish my captures where that good.

post-12098-0-43847300-1402666023_thumb.p

Hehe. Can I ask what did you to the image? Always on the look out for new processing techniques!

resized it in paintshop pro to 1200 x 1200 pixel and 2400 dpi then denoised it by 5 percent then used the clarify tool at 5 then color fix and increased saturation ,then in photoshop cs2 use image-apply image then under blending select add at 50 percent then thats it.

Archived