SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

June 13, 2014: some nice activity on the western limb

Just had the scope out to test the William Optics Zoom that the postman just brought. Very nice prom visible on the western limb. It is probably that big filament west of the two big AR approaching the south-western limb that was visible in the last few days. Maybe I will have a go at imaging it. The ARs on the eastern side seem to be a bit more quiet at the moment

Wow, some nice proms indeed! Managed a quick view. Two big blobs connected together that as a whole are about 20% the diameter of the Sun, I think this was on the Eastern limb. Not too far on the same side, a prom that looks just about detached through the eyepiece, though I wonder if it is still attached faintly. Some not bad proms the other side. Oh I wish it was solar Sunday! Looks like a great day to be following events!

It looked to me like there was a flare on the disc too.

The Sun really is gorgeous. I got a white light view this morning with my little 60mm frac. That was a beauty too, with big spots near-ish both the East and West limbs, plenty of faculae and steady conditions.

Judging by the 20 second glimpse I just had proceedings are looking pretty wild and wonderful up there :laugh:

Just waiting for this monster cloud to go over and I should be able to see them again :smiley:

Archived