NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first attempt at imaging (Saturn and the Moon)

.. actually I lie - it's my second attempt: but the less said about the Jupiter shaped ball of light I produced a couple of months ago the better!

So first of all the Moon:

Eleven 1/750 second exposures at 800 ISO with a Nikon D7000. Best 75% used in Auto Stakkert! 2.

Moon 10th June 2014

and Saturn:
46 second movie on Nikon D7000. Best 50% of 1128 frames stacked in Auto Stakkert! 2

Saturn 10th June 2014

Both were using a Mak 127 on a SupaTrak Alt-Az. The Saturn shots through the included 2x Barlow.

All this was in less than perfect conditions a couple of nights ago:

• Telescope pointing out an open window onto a brightly lit street (was very warm and comfortable though!).
  • The seeing was not great.
  • Saturn was very close to Moon which I imagine would affect the image quite a bit

What do you think?

I'm quite happy with the results for my first go. I'm quite keen to try again when the moon is less full and to see what I can get with Jupiter. Now I have a bit of an idea what to do I will try outside when the scope is properly cooled down

Archived