NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

With all these gorgeous Saturns............

Tim

.....and after that stunner from Pete Lawrence, I might as well throw my last (3rd) effort into the mix. I have tried using the neximage in RAW mode, but dont have a clue how to process the rgb data, other than to swap it to colour mode and registax it. Are there any (easy to read) tutorials out there for dealing with rgb data?

What I am REALLY trying to get is a decent shot of Mars while it is so high and bright overhead, but every effort seems so end up as a blurry mess. Whats going wrong? The OTA is well collimated, I have 2x and 3x barlows, IR/UV filter. I'll post last night's effort a bit later after processing so the doctors amongst you might be able to offer a post mortem analysis.

But for now here's Saturn, C9.25, 3X, Neximage, IR/UV filter. I'm sure this could be better if I knew what to do with the data, any ideas?

Cheers

TJ

saturn15022008.jpg

I'd love nothing more than for somebody to take my AVI's and see what is really there. I am just starting to play around a bit in registax and have gotten a better result already this morning, but I REALLY would like somebody who knows what they are doing to have a bash with the files.

The avi is in RAW mode, and is about 395mb uncompressed. Any takers? :D

Cheers

TJ

edit: Here's another version, slightly clearer I think.

saturn16022008.jpg

Mate, they're cracking shots! I would be "over the moon" if I could get something half as good as that. You've managed to get the Cassini division very clearly, the ring shadow on the planet and loads of banding on both hemispheres - that's no easy task - I still can't get the Cassini division. Well done!

Thanks, I am very pleased with the results, but feel there is more to be had.

I couldnt get the Cassini thingy for a while, but after collimating the sct and then on the webcam preview really jacking up the gain, brightness etc to MAX, get the on screen image as sharp as possible with those settings (usually the image at its brightest peak), then turning down the settings to normal, then the division just appeared in SOME of the frames, not all. The focus adjustment is tiny though, and frozen fingers sometimes make it very tricky!!

Cheers

TJ

There's a guy sells them on ebay for about 80 quid. Apparently they are the same ccd as the toucam pro II. But I dont have much clue about that side of things. The software to get RAW footage seems to work well.

TJ

The 900 can be adapted to RAW mode - there's a little program on the web that can modify the memory. I was thinking of a having a go at it but have so far whimped out - I'll try and find the URL and post it.

Archived