NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Observatory Build

Soupy

Some great advice there cheers guys.

A pier for now with maybe looking at converting part of the barn later or even building a small Obsy just on the field far enough away from the barn not to block sky but to also be able to run cabling to it sounds like the better option, and get on with the Obsy here as is. That way I have two great options to do observing and astrophotography... :)

Thanks for that, always good to look at it from someone else's perspective.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not posted for some time... Sorry guys had lots happening.

Update as is tonight.

I have been forced to have a rethink about the dome as we have now put our property on the market :(

So the dome is now up for sale :( :( as it would be too much for me to get to the new property in kielder or any other property we might move to around here. Gonna take the 12" to Kielder and build a roll off roof up there for that so watch this space in the next few weeks as I want to get that done PDQ!

Feel a real sense of disappointment, but things happen for a reason so trying to keep a cheery head on, as I know I will get a superb set up in Kielder with better skies ;)

Archived