Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st attempt of imaging the ISS last night....

Have to agree with Matt on this; absolutely marvellous! Tracked ISS manually for some secs last night, 

was really kinda proud of myself being able to track it for maybe 40-50 sec, then you go and make this. 

It was interesting to follow this thread by the way, all the way to the end result.

Wish you best of luck with your comet hunting.  :smiley: .

Rune

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to agree with Matt on this; absolutely marvellous! Tracked ISS manually for some secs last night, 

was really kinda proud of myself being able to track it for maybe 40-50 sec, then you go and make this. 

It was interesting to follow this thread by the way, all the way to the end result.

Wish you best of luck with your comet hunting.  :smiley: .

Rune

Hi Rune, thank you :) its quite shocking what anyone can produce really when you actually try, i would have never thought of even attempting this when i 1st got into astronomy a few years ago :)

i like to put all my results good and bad, just incase it can help any one, even if it only helps 1 person, im happy :)

Thanks Rune, i think comet hunting is going to be a tad harder tho....

Thanks tingting. I didn't use a barlow in the end. I set exposure at 0.150 and I kept gain low at 300. As you know fr my image on flickr it came out well. Just over exposed in the centre of the ISS. Not sure why? I may haves other go tomorrow evening if weather good. The jet stream is favourable tomorrow.

Should I risk a 2 or 3x barlow? Possibly large enough image but im tempted to get closer. I'm using a 200p so maybe just stick to prime focus and hope atmosphere will allow clearer view.

9e4etyve.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks tingting. I didn't use a barlow in the end. I set exposure at 0.150 and I kept gain low at 300. As you know fr my image on flickr it came out well. Just over exposed in the centre of the ISS. Not sure why? I may haves other go tomorrow evening if weather good. The jet stream is favourable tomorrow.

Should I risk a 2 or 3x barlow? Possibly large enough image but im tempted to get closer. I'm using a 200p so maybe just stick to prime focus and hope atmosphere will allow clearer view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :D :D grats mate

every pic ive mostly seen the middle part of the ISS is overexposed, my guess it that the hottest part of the station,

defo risk a x2 and x3 barlow, if you dont try you dont know, your pic is about the same size as mine, i used a x2 barlow so no reason you cant do it, you only need to grab one frame out of thousands,  i think the odds are in your favor :D and if not, nothing lost :)

Archived