NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Focal length

Hi all sat here with a friend and we both have diferent ideas about working the focal lenght of a reflector scope see pic below

A =the whole lenght of the tube ?

B =from bottom of tube to the focuser

Thanks in advance.

Pat

post-9980-0-97891200-1402076478_thumb.jp

It's from the top of the primary mirror to where the eyepiece sits in the focuser so you have to allow for the sideways distance from the secondary mirror to the eyepiece too.

How encouraging. A straightforward answer to a question.

Power to you Jed.

That's one of the great aspects of SGL ,ask a Qs that may have been asked a million times and it's always answered ,the mass knowledge of every one makes any Qs answerable ,most Qs I have asked have been answered with in ten minutes after 4 years I can now even answer some my self through the knowledge of others

Pat

How wise, Pat. How wise.

Still, I have found the opinions of people with wider, deeper experience contribute to the mix when trying to learn.

So don't be too reticent to share your thoughts. Newbies like me need a guiding light more often than not ...

Archived