NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

27 hours on Bat and Squid.

ollypenrice

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great images from Paul and Paolo. This is certainly a rewarding object. Nicolas Outters posts on the French forum which I frequent, as well. He's just done a very fine Tadpoles in narrowband.

Olly

The Ha was 3Nm Paulo but the O111 was a Baader and I can't remember the bandpass but it is quite wide. Tom has a 3Nm Astrodon O111 on order but it does not seem to be happening!

Olly

Thanks Olly.

I remember I bought a 3nm OIII from Ian specially for the squid (because Outters used one!) .

I planned a mosaic of this field for the summer (I did any photo from december because of the nasty weather we got here this year....and I've my observatory to far away from me :-() 

Cheers,

paulo

Yes, used an [OIII] filter Olly, but I don't have your skies and my message to those of us in urban or semi-rural locations in the UK is "don't try this at home"!

Here's a typical fit file - as I said, 20 minute sub (Atik 490)

attachicon.gifsh2-129_004_1x1_1800_OIII.fit

And here's a stack of 5 x 1800s [OIII] subs.  This puppy is proper faint and I gave up at this point!

attachicon.gifsquid.jpg

So extra hats off for this image.

This is exactly what I get everytime I use the Baader  Oiii filter. Last time I used it I thought that something had gone wrong the optics. Here is a stack of 6X900s subs @ F6 . I was so ashamed of it that I did not even bother going for the Ha. Eventually I used it as an added data to the blue channel of an OSC capture .

Here is the offending article with a simple stretch in PI with STF parameters applied. It was taken from my usual location in the back garden.

Reg

post-28808-0-41808400-1402260739_thumb.j

What I tend to do is apply the O111 layer with its nasty halos and then paste the O111RGB or HaO111RGB over the RGB only and erase the stars, letting the O111 only show through. Not having the halos at all would be nice, though...

Olly

Archived