NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

struggling with CS6

I hope this doesn't mean new laptop time ! but I'm trying to open a 170mb stacked image with photoshop cs6, it says it cannot carry out the open command because theres insufficient ram, any ideas ?
Lee

This is just the autosave I'm trying to open. never worked with the initial stack before as I usually align channels and saturate in DSS before saving as normal tiff. 
Just an experiment to see how much data might be hidden in there seen as its nearly 70mb larger !
Cheers
Lee

This is just the autosave I'm trying to open. never worked with the initial stack before as I usually align channels and saturate in DSS before saving as normal tiff. 

Just an experiment to see how much data might be hidden in there seen as its nearly 70mb larger !

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

Give StarTools a try, it is a free download for the trial version which is fully functional with just the save disabled, save your files as 32bit fits file in DSS and you'd be surprised at how much this cheap piece of AP software can do, you can then do the tweaks in PS.

A.G

yes CS6 can't open the autosave.tif file in its native format

if you save to file it saves it as a 16bit tif that CS6 can open

This may explain why I struggle to open up some files in lightroom 5.

yes CS6 can't open the autosave.tif file in its native format

if you save to file it saves it as a 16bit tif that CS6 can open

I just tried a DSS Autosave .TIFF my CS6 opened it ok, the file is a stack from my Canon 600D , Size 141,041 KB.....

Archived