Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sunday Ha selection 25/5/14

JB80

Todays white light was a bit of a fuzzy mess so I haven't included it here but I was keen to get some Ha imaging in seeing as I can now use my DMK at the full frame rate and I think it makes quite a big difference.

So here are a selection of some of todays efforts, all taken with either a vanilla PST or the 88mm PST mod and DMK41.

Stacked in Regi 5.1 badly and some tweaks in Photoshop.

14079407359_4019dae95e_b.jpg

14262738011_9bcb8abff3_b.jpg

14263944732_4e5766876e_o.jpgpo4aw

14242948576_11f5028574_o.jpgs

14266063405_12046c3553_o.jpgsd

14286241063_9491bce685_o.jpgsds

Thank you David and Johan. :)

Your Ha imaging seems to be coming along nicely.

I think the more I do it the more comfortable I am with it, like anything I guess. Hopefully I can get a bit more done this week.

Looks good to me Jarrod.

I use Autostakkert for stacking, with the following:

I use surface and select an obvious feature on he disc, either dark or light;

I set noise robust to 4;

I then click analyse;

When it has ordered the frames I use an alignment size of 60 and manually select about 30 to 40 points, often overlapping;

I thn fill the disc with alignment points using the auto fill (grid fill);

I usually stack 15% from 600 frames for a mosaic and about the same percentage, but out f more frames for a full dsc. I select 'drizzle 1.5x';

Once stacked I use Paint.net (Photoshop is similar) and use Smart Sharpen, Local Contrast and brightness/contrast for a mono image and finally Levels, then Saturation and brightness/contrast for the false colours.

I find Autostakkert works better on Ha than Registax.

HTH

Robin

Thanks Robin and thanks for the info too because there are definitely things you do that I don't so I think I will run an old avi and see what happens.

Definitely I have never used so many align points or changed the noise or drizzle so I will try that.

Normally I would of used AS!2 but I don't think I had the right drivers saved for Win 8 on the new laptop so the avi wouldn't stack, I'm still waiting for another chance to see if I have fixed it.

Archived