Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lovely Sunday

Pig

What a lovely sunny morning we are having in Northants

Not a great deal of prominence activity today just one large one at the 5 O'clock position with a few others that are very fine and wispy spread around the outside of the disc :smiley:

The surface detail is excellent though with lots of swirls, moustaches, plage and granulation. The most strange changes to the surface can happen when looking at it with averted vision as all of a sudden the most incredible detail pops out at you and the views are almost as good as some of the photos that are posted on here :shocked:

The sunspots are looking  great in white light, The spots that are available to see are quite small compared to some we have had lately but there are quite a few of them gathered in little clusters across the surface . However, they is some very intricate details to be seen.

Its a pity my 2.5 SLV has such a long lead time before it is delivered as it would have been excellent to bring out this finer detail :laugh:

Great isn't it Shaun! Just looking in white light but those active regions have so much fine detail in them. The faculae are very clear too in the spots nearer the limb. Great stuff.

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice write-up, Shaun! I especially loved the white light views this morning, the largest group near the edge looked so crisp, with bright, punchy faculae. In the centre of the disc, I could clearly see the little cells of granulation. Super, super views! :laugh: :laugh:

Well that was the longest Bar BQ I've been to in ages and I think I can say I am finally full up after all these years of trying :laugh:

I have missed all of the afternoon sun I'm afraid but I couldn't agree more with you both about the effect and detail seen in white light, I am glad I have both the Lunt Ha and the wedge it makes for perfect Solar viewing.

There isn't a cloud in the sky here at the moment so hopefully we will get a nice clear night also :smiley:

Archived