Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Alignmaster - Adjustments?

PhotoGav

Simple question:

When using Alignmaster and you get to the adjustment part in Az and then Alt, do you use just the Az bolts for the Az adjustment and just the Alt bolts for the Alt adjustment, thereby getting the star as close to the centre as possible, or do you use both alt & Az bolts to recentre the star in the Az adjustment and then both bolts to accurately centre in the Alt adjustment?

Thanks.

You use just one set of bolts for each adjustment - either Alt or Azi - it tells you which to use, I think its Azi first then Alt.  Only adjust one set of bolts at each stage!!  The first time you do it you may find you cannot align perfectly  - so get it as near as you can.  Then do the whole process again (and a third time if you wish) - should be bang on by then.

Thank you Roger. That's what I've been doing with great success so far, but it didn't seem to be able to align nearly as well last night, then I read something on here earlier and I had to ask to make sure I really was doing the right thing!

Archived