Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I got up at 04.30 to go surfing..

After checking the webcam for my local break ie 60 miles away and seeing it was flat (as usual at weekends,doh!) Im just about to climb back into my pit to go back to sleep when I glanced out of the window and there is a crystal (ish) clear moon in the sky.

Kettle on whilst the scope cooled down and a glorious houe and a bit counting craters!!

Great start to my day and great start to the weekend, just occurred to me perhaps I could take it with me next time I get to the beach the air always seems clearer there

Surfing at 6 in the morning sounds like dedication to me!!

Glad you got a nice hour on the moon. Observing out to sea is great, horizon as low as it can be and no LP. Just watch the salty atmosphere on the scope.

Cheers,

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning observing is a great time, to me it's better because the air

turbulence seems to have settled, and there are not as many lights

on, and it's very peaceful too, enjoy your observing and enjoy your

surfing too. 

Oops I hadnt considered that, is there any way to protect against it?

Not too sure! I would probably tend to observe from a headland rather than directly on the beach, particularly if there is salt spray in the air. Others may have more experience of this than me.

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived