NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Need help, my first Mosaic ( ball ache !)

beamish

Well here it is, used photomerge, had tried Imerge and Pixmate.Pix just wouldn't let me maneuver in the round whilst Imerge simply wouldn't let me import more than one image !!

If there is a primer out there for mosaics either with PS cs2 or PS elements please point it out to me. My biggest problem was/is the different shades between the individual frames, just can't find a way of blending and uniformally lighting the mosaic. Any way here goes.....

3736_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

roughly 593 frames per image,inReg4, 9x images(out of 13) then put together in PS elements Photomerge. Philips sp900c at prime, 200mm F6

Karlo

I use Imerge, its the easiest way I've found of stitching images together, are you sure the program isn't just loading the second image on top of the first, all you have to do is click on them and you will have 'picked up' the top one and can move it about?

The best way to try and keep the images the same brightness etc is to save your processing settings in Registax and load them in for each image in turn, any small adjustments can then be made using the histogram in Imerge but it isn't needed most of the time.

Hi, thanks chaps.

I hope it happens for you, as it has the makings of a very good build. Ron. :D

Cheers Ron.

Gaz I've never tried Imerge until this morning, it just didn't seem to want to let me bring more than one piccy into the black frame.

Went, File-file list-import-specific folder,choosing BMP's but nope !

The best way to try and keep the images the same brightness etc is to save your processing settings in Registax and load them in for each image in turn, any small adjustments can then be made using the histogram in Imerge but it isn't needed most of the time.

I think my problem here was that I started along the terminator, by the time I moved to the limb and brighter areas I became aware that the settings for the webcam meant I was going to burn out alot of detail !! That meant I actually changed the settings at source. Thanks for tip though I'll certainly give it a go !!

I have used PTgui.. very easy piece of software.. think theres a free trial on the web...

I've not come across this before but I'll look out for it.

Karlo

Hi Karl, I'm in work tonight, I'll have a look at Imerge tomorrow and see if I can recreate the problem.

On the settings, if you save the contrast/ brightness/ wavelet settings in Registax, load them in and apply them to each image then as long as you haven't adjusted the camera settings when you were taking the images the whole thing will look pretty uniform. Its when you've adjusted the camera gain etc inbetween images you end up having to do a lot of fiddling abount to get them match, so try to avoid it and find settings that look OK across the whole of the Monn rather than just each individual part of it.

I've just tried it( Imerge) again but now it won't let look in the folders !!

On the settings, if you save the contrast/ brightness/ wavelet settings in Registax, load them in and apply them to each image then as long as you haven't adjusted the camera settings when you were taking the images the whole thing will look pretty uniform. Its when you've adjusted the camera gain etc inbetween images you end up having to do a lot of fiddling abount to get them match, so try to avoid it and find settings that look OK across the whole of the Monn rather than just each individual part of it.

Yup, this has kinda dawned on me as the day's worn on. Hey ho it was my first go !! I'm reasonably pleased. I could always merge those frames that are alike, and 2-3 mosaics. I'll get there.

I'll await your attempts re I merge, Ta !

Karlo

Hi Karlo,

Nice mosaic, tonnes of detail in there. :D

In iMerge I just do; File | Import image then select all the images at once, (click on the first - hold shift - click on the last), click open and it brings them all in. They will be stacked on top of each other so drag them to rough positions. I've never tried doing them one at a time though, is this what you were trying?

Did you see my reply to your question in my last mosaic thread?

Cheers,

Ian

No, I was trying to bring them all in together, but when "opened" nothing appeared either on the screen or in the preview box. Photomerge seems to be okay though, better than Pixmate at any rate. :D

I've just picked up on your answer in the other thread too, thanks !!

Karlo

Just in case any of you haven't tried it..

You can drag and drop files into iMerge as well. I always use the 'list' if I'm bringing in loads of files, but you can just d&d individual images in from Windows. I tend to do this if I need to crop individual frames within a mosaic.

Tony

Archived