NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M81 and M82 2nd attempt with more subs

trevboyd

Took a load more subs of this last night and added them to the ones from 11 Feb. I think it's improved things a bit, but maybe not as much as I had hoped.

SkyWatcher 120mm f/8.3 achro, EQ-5, Canon 350D, 48 subs for 31 mins @ ISO-800, 35x30s, 12x60s, 1x90s

New version

3720_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Previous version

3700_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Trev

That's a lot smoother Trev.

Have a bash at taking some flats, or making an artificial flat in Photoshop. That'll deal with the vignetting you've got and should help to bring out some of the fainter detail too.

Well done :D

Cheers

Rob

That's a lot smoother Trev.

Have a bash at taking some flats, or making an artificial flat in Photoshop. That'll deal with the vignetting you've got and should help to bring out some of the fainter detail too.

Well done :D

Cheers

Rob

Thanks Rob (and Mike) - much appreciated. :D

Rob, how would I go about making an artificial flat in PS? I assume that's what I'll have to do, as "real" flats are supposed to be taken with the camera/scope in the same position as the lights? Or is that only if you want to eliminate dust bunnies etc? I guess for vignetting it doesn't really matter?

Thanks again

Trev

I ran your image through the Dynamic Background Extraction Process in pixinsight Le

free from here http://pixinsight.com/download/LE/index.html

You will have to Download and install LE version 1.0.1.141 and then donload and Install the LE 1.0.2.143 Update to get the Dynamic Background Extraction tool.

The tutorial for using the Dynamic Background Extraction tool is here

http://pixinsight.com/tutorials/LE/DBE-example/en.html

Hope this helps.

I used this tool a lot when I was imaging with a SAC 8.5 besacue of amp glow, worked well for me

Mike.

Archived