Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Feeling confused

JimmyC

Evening all,

I'm so very confused by myself :/

My interests change so quickly and I find myself losing interest in this hobby :( I don't want to as I know it is such a wonderful thing to do - Be out all night with fellow observers all looking at the same beauty of the sky, gorping over your scopes etc... I don't know what it is.

I'm taking a lot more (seemingly uncontrollable) interest in my car and I just can't help but put this hobby and this forum last.

Sorry for the winge, just a thought i've been having.

I've been interested in astronomy for over 40 years... got my first scope when i was 7. I can't remember he number of times I've 'stopped' and just not bothered for a year or so. It happens... no point forcing yourself to be out every clear night.

Been there, done that as far as cars go, I used to (re)build kitcars and engines.

We all go through these periods. Don't worry. The light nights and bad weather we've had are enough to test anyone's patience.

Take your time, do what pleases you and brings you enjoyment, we will always be here.

That's what I was thinking - To just pursue the interests that come about. That's what life's all about right!? I mean, I will be into this again, I'm sure I will, it just annoys me really that my interests change so quickly and that I have no control over it.

Selling up for now :(

Archived