NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars 1'st of May

Amra

I'm really jealous of all the amazing Mars pictures in this section, gives me something to work towards!

20000 frames stacked from yesterday, I don't know if it was even worth taking that many frames. My Mars gets a funny tip that I assume is the pole when I wavelet process it, can't seem to get more details out of this 96x96 pixel patch. :p

I used the standard Skywatcher 2x Barlow and another barlow without the lens element as an extension tube for more magnification.

c0024c617c2ce3dcf22234a279333aae.1824x0_

I don't think I can get better results without a new/better barlow? Mars' altitude was around 24 degrees when I recorded it yesterday and that's about as high as it gets, I thought I could see some surface detail briefly while Ezplanetary was recording, so I thought the result would be better, but this is all I managed to get out of the video.

Any tips on how I can improve would be appreciated. :)

That's pretty good result! Which camera did you use?

Personally, I find anything over 3500 frames doesn't seem to improve the result much.

I captured Mars with a Astro Engineering 5x barlow which gave more pixels, but introduced some CA. You need really good seeing at that mag though, which doesn't happen often.

Just taken delivery of a Tele Vue 4x Powermate. Mars imaging addiction at work ;)

I used the QHY5L-IIc planetary camera. :)

btw I've often wanted to put in Seeing & Transparency (scale from 1-10) data in astrobin but I am too inexperienced to judge it, does anyone know a rough guide for it? And in Astrobin is 10 best or 1 best on that scale? :p

Archived