Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

USB auto focus control for my 200P whats the best way ??

yes all you need are the autofocuser motor and the hitec astro dc focuser unit and a usb port spare on you pc, it should fit the focuser on the 200p my mate has one fitted to his 200pds with using the standard brackets supplied,

i made a bracket so i could fit one to my starwave 80 ed, took alittle working out but it worked very well indeed, thought that spend £300 for a proper stepper motor was alittle expensive for my tight tastes, i mean once your focused your focused.

thanks for the prompt reply
I'll be looking to do this in the next week or so as my biggest issue is manual focusing
the amount of shake I get makes it almost impossible to get it pin sharp even with the lightest of touches on the focus wheels

exactly the reason i went for the autofocuser, alot easier to sit in front of the monitor and focus with the software, hitec do a free software program to use with computer focusing but the unit is ascom compatable so it also works great with astro photography tool, another excellent program

I already use EQMOD, and stellarium scope, APT and BYEOS as well as a XBox controller
the auto focuser is the last piece of the puzzle I need to sort

I like my AP sessions to be conducted from my recording studio via remote access to my laptop rather than doing Yoga while trying to see the screen and fiddle with the focus wheels

I have the 200P and really fancy an autofocuser, and usb control. This sounds great. I'd like to know how you got on Oldpink mate. I may well invest soon. Really could do without the shakes on the focuser makes it difficult to keep things steady.

unfortunately the parts are out of stock
I contacted FLO today to ask about my order progress to be told that the Autofocuser is out of stock with no ETA available
the DC focuser is flagged on a 5 - 7 day dispatch

they offered a refund or option to wait
I took the wait option for now to see how it goes as if I get a refund I will buy something else, but I really want the focuser before I move on to more gear

• 7 months later...

Archived