Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Windows 8

Robny

Would just like to say a final update on this thread and let you know and people searching that I have now got ALL of the above software and drivers operational using Windows 8.1 Pro

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Gigabyte P27K, gamer laptop, running Win 8.1 and get over 5 hours out of it, I could get longer if I switched to the I7s inbuilt graphics card. That's mixed use, games, vifdeo and internet browsing.

The next time I buy a laptop, it will be with astronomy in mind. The things I'll be looking for will be:

Battery life. It's no good being in a dark spot, only to run out of juice win the middle of an imaging session

Removeable battery. So I can bring a spare, or buy a new one when the old one starts do degrade

Sufficient USB ports. External USB hubs are fine, but it's nice to have the option not to use them.

A way to use the mouse pointer while wearing gloves. Touchpads are useless with gloves. I find the Thinkpad nipple is useable, but there may be something even better.

Build quality would also be high on hte list - Being used outside i nhte dark means it wil be banged about a bit too.

Archived