NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Comet c/2012 K1 Panstarrs and M51

So on the 1st May, the comet is predicted to be close to M51 in the apparent view. Based on other threads I'm wondering if there is a chance to view them both in the same field. Coincidentally that night is one of two nights set aside for my next Fish and Chip star party. I'm not sure I can predict their angular separation so is there anybody who can tell me what it is likely to be on the night? Maybe then you can help me equate that into my new short scope's potential FOV (AA 102 EDT). Thanks.

At least it will be easy to find. It gets a bit closer on the return journey some 10 days later (not much comfort but possibility of a good imaging opportunity?).

Is this one particularly fast moving? Hopefully it will develop into one of the sights of the summer.

Good luck with the fish and chip star party.

Paul

At least it will be easy to find. It gets a bit closer on the return journey some 10 days later (not much comfort but possibility of a good imaging opportunity?).

Is this one particularly fast moving? Hopefully it will develop into one of the sights of the summer.

Good luck with the fish and chip star party.

Paul

Thanks Paul. You are invited but it's a bit of a trek!!

Thanks Paul. You are invited but it's a bit of a trek!!

Most kind. But, as you say, a bit of a treck.

I'll recreate the effect with a bag of chips from the pub and my cat in the back garden.

Paul

Archived