Hi stargazing friends. I'm a total newb!

Auroralicious

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow guys, you are all so lovely! I can't believe how many of you have taken the time to say hi and welcome me aboard :smiley:

It's slightly scary beginning a new hobby, especially when you don't know where to start :confused:  ..... but already i'm feeling so encouraged and motivated. All of your little hints and tips, pointing me to useful books/info etc and your kind words - you are all awesome :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Already I feel at home here and I've only been a member for 2 days!

A BIG Thank you to all of you x x x

Welcome to SGl, the great thing about this hobby is the subject matter and targets aren't going anywhere soon, so sit back, relax and enjoy the sky with your bins. As you progress you will soon find that astro itch developing, at that point, take stock of what you want to do, enjoy doing, then, find a scope that ticks those boxes.

As always, any questions you ask here, even the most basics of "Should I tilt my head up to look at the sky?" will be met with "Well that depends, if you have neck problems perhaps a sun lounger is appropriate?" :)

Hi and Welcome, from someone just like you, I've had a fascination for years, but until February this year had not done anything about it. I bought a cheap scope, to start with, then after only one nights viewing I was hooked. And now look at my Signature, for what can happen. ;) scopes,filters eyepieces, etc. but I love it, lol.

So as everyone says, take your time, learn the Sky, read loads. and find out what you really need BEFORE you start buying everything in the shop. :)

But have FUN, and enjoy this Fantastic hobby.

Any questions that you have, the very knowledgeable and Friendly folks on SGL , are always Happy to help.

Clear skies. ;)

Welcome to SGl, the great thing about this hobby is the subject matter and targets aren't going anywhere soon, so sit back, relax and enjoy the sky with your bins. As you progress you will soon find that astro itch developing, at that point, take stock of what you want to do, enjoy doing, then, find a scope that ticks those boxes.

As always, any questions you ask here, even the most basics of "Should I tilt my head up to look at the sky?" will be met with "Well that depends, if you have neck problems perhaps a sun lounger is appropriate?" :)

Oooo, a sun lounger (or should that be star lounger) - now you're talking!

Yep, you're right, the stars aren't going anywhere so I am going to take my time and just enjoy learning and appreciate the sky, viewed with my new found astro knowledge. I'll worry about scopes if/when I decide I actually need one.

Thanks for the advice x x x

Hi and Welcome, from someone just like you, I've had a fascination for years, but until February this year had not done anything about it. I bought a cheap scope, to start with, then after only one nights viewing I was hooked. And now look at my Signature, for what can happen. ;) scopes,filters eyepieces, etc. but I love it, lol.

So as everyone says, take your time, learn the Sky, read loads. and find out what you really need BEFORE you start buying everything in the shop. :)

But have FUN, and enjoy this Fantastic hobby.

Any questions that you have, the very knowledgeable and Friendly folks on SGL , are always Happy to help.

Clear skies. ;)

I can't believe you only started in Feb! I guess it is quite an addictive hobby. Now i'm scared lol

Archived