NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars with poor seeing

JCdeBoer

Here are my first image of mars and my latest from last night. Seeing was not very good last night, mostly due to nearby 'easter fires'. Nevertheless I managed to capture my best mars so far :)

It has got some detail in it which I boosted with wavelets. It shows pretty much the same structure as tich's latest mars only slightly more vague ;) Now I'm waiting for saturn to be at a reasonable angle at a resonable hour. Last night I could bare distinguish the gap between the ring and the planet.

mars-6-3-2014-1_04_45-lynkeos-regedit-2.

4-21-14-mars.png

Since I have no tracking or guiding system yet, I have to track mars by hand and adjust every 10 seconds. Of this 10 seconds about 6 seconds is good. At 7.5 fps (xbox webcam at 1280) it is quite a hastle to make 2000 frames. But I will surely take more vids next time!

As for the late nights, I will have to wait a while untill holidays. Physics study doesnt permit me to stay up untill after 1. Well... A couple of beers sometimes have great arguments to do otherwise but that doesnt involve telescopes haha

Archived