Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CR2 & Jpeg

Geuse

Hi all.

I have been having a slight issue with APT and my DSLR and i wondered if someone can give me some advice. I guess firstly, is it normal that it takes so long between shots? Even with the count set at 0 or 1 (on APT) there must be at least a 30 sec pause inbetween shots. Secondly, i think but i am not sure that the root of the problem is that for some reason somewhere between APT and the laptop and DSLR there seems to be a setting wrong as it makes 2 copies of every picture one is a jpeg and the other is CR2, maybe this is normal it just didnt seem right to me.

I have had a look through the settings but for the life of me cant see anything obvious and i wondered if some of our more experienced or at least clued up readers might be able to offer some assistance?

Thanks in advance ! 

set your camera to raw mode, sounds like you are set to R+L (raw + Large) this creates a raw file and a Jpeg possibly slowing up the process
the delay is normally due to buffering the image as its transferred to the HD remember its a large image file (mine is 20mb per image)

Cant comment on the speed although it may be a write issue if you've got a slow hard drive. The two files are being made as you've probably selected raw + F in the quality options. You can probably just select raw or remove the save to computer option entirely and just save to your cameras memory card.

Ed

Archived