NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Second Saturn

Tim

After convincing meself that I needed a webcam to get better planetary images than my first effort at saturn, I bought a cheap neximage off ebay.

Then after months (seemingly) of clouds, got a chance to test it proper last night, after collimating for the first time the night before.

I cannot for the life of me seem to get the hang of Mars imaging, any tips, or kind soul that can help show me the light?? :D

Anyway, here's me second go at Saturn. I played about with various filters and so on, settling on an IR/UV blocker and a pale yellow one for the best avi.

Stacked in registax, although had to shorten the avi first in VD, anybody know why registax does so much and then "Cannot process avi frame" ??

Slightly tweaked in PS. I'd welcome some help with getting it better next time (tonight hopefully) and what tips tricks and settings you use, for instance, with the gain and brightness, gamma settings etc.

Cheers

TJ

Saturn08022008crop.jpg

Heaven only knows. I tried shooting in RAW mode last night ( I think) but as yet have no idea how to process that data. It looked a little sharper on screen, but the seeing was pretty good, so I dont know.

Is it supposed to be slightly off round shaped???

TJ

Archived