Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Daytime planetary imaging

Would anyone who has attempted it care to share their thoughts on daytime planetary imaging?  Hints on finding the target and how the imaging process might need to change, perhaps?

Early in the evening of June 3rd there's the only triple transit of Jupiter this year and the planet isn't too close to the Sun at that time.  I'm wondering if there might be an opportunity to image it despite it occurring some time before sunset.

James

I was quite surprised to find that I could see Jupiter during the day
a post on here mentioned viewing Jupiter during the day so having left my setup out from the night before
and knowing my alignment was pretty decent I decided to try it, low and behold when I hit slew and it settled I could see Jupiter in a blue sky
I took a few pictures using the Canon but just stills as I could just make out the moons

obvious changes to imaging would be the shutter and gain setting, but I guess you would need to try to see what worked for your setup

post-34443-0-00505200-1397601282_thumb.j

I'm not confident that my mount is sufficiently accurately aligned to reliably put Jupiter in even a 32mm ep field of view, sadly.  I should easily get it in the finder though, assuming it's possible to see it in the finder.

It's looking like it might be feasible from your image, certainly

James

Should be easy to find being pretty much halfway between the Sun and Moon on the 3rd.

I found him easily in the finder last Feb when I got a pretty good image using just the 1000D and ED80 rig , should easily pick up the shadows.

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/178140-jupiter-in-broad-daylight-and-why-not/?hl=daylight+moon+and+jupiter#entry1836693

Archived