Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Logitech c170 for imaging

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you all suggested me,

mine is a diy telescope. so today in increased the length of the tube.

without using the diagonal i took the image of the moon..

This is just a direct photograph...

post-36396-0-09259800-1417971782.png

and after stacking a video i got this..

post-36396-0-07541300-1417971832.jpg

post-36396-0-58568600-1417971942.jpg

So, how are these?

Waiting for reply....

Hi

Looking more detail there :-)

When you say lengthened the tube did you mean the telescope rather than where the eye piece goes?

What type of telescope did you make?

I made a 60mm achromatic refractor.

lengthened means i increased the telescope tube not the focusing unit.

I don't know if lengthening the tube will bring the focus point further away or closer, I'd assume move it further away. How did you lengthen the tube?

The focus draw tube needs maybe an extra 15mm longer to move the actual webcam further away.

If you don't have a lengthing tube, try a barlow, it will move the focus point inwards.

Can make a lengthening tube perhaps out of an old 35mm film canister or even to try something a roll of a stiff waxy card like what you could cut from a fruit juice carton. This would help you establish how long to make an extension tube to reach focus with the webcam.

Intially my telescope had a shorter tube than required. i had to extend the focuser completely to focus even with the diagonal.

so i increased the tube length. now i can focus with and without diagonal.

I captured the photo without the prism diagonal.

How can i improve the photos...

Can you all help me in stacking photos...

Your image does not look focused.

If you watch the video you captured does it look a lot better than the image above or about the same?

I would first ensure that your have enough focuser travel to confirm you can reach focus and go past that point both sides of focus with the webcam.

I would not use a barlow.

Only then you will know you are getting the best image from your webcam.

Also make sure you are away from heat sources and the telescope has cooled.

My video is same as  as the above photo.

I have enough focus travel to mpve the camera in and out.

Actually the problem is, I nearly reach focus and as i just try to increase the focus and get out the focuser a little bit , the current focusing is gone, the best focusing upto now is the above photo. Its like focusing using a 4mm eyepiece. I am using a electronic fixed speed focuser.

The video looking the same suggests that stacking is not making the image worse.

So need to get the image as good as possible first.

Can you focus by manually adjusting it by hand?

A big focus wheel is easier to make tiny adjustments with, which is something I must do on my little refractor is add bigger wheel.

It sounds like the electronic focuser is too big in adjustments and is missing the position where focus is.

The diagonal size of the sensor chip in the webcam gives the focal length being used so I guess 4mm sounds about what you might expect.

So you know what you are aiming at before you modified the webcam did you use it in general to see how good the image was it made?

There is a limit to how good the image can be expected to be.

I used this for general webcam use. The webcam quality was too good . but not in hd.

What would be the limit?

Quality of the imaging sensor I guess.

But I don't think what you have capured so far is the best yet as focus looks out.

What did you think to my other post on your electronic focuser?

I think you may be right about the electronic focuser. Will surely try without the electronic focuser and let you know.

Archived