Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

When the Moon is bright and ever present you process the old data.

lensman57

Hi,

A reprocess of the M31 from 23/12/2013 in PI. I am now reprocessing most of my limited captures ( it is now nearly a year of imaging ) in PI to see if my processing has improved or not . This one is only 4X300s subs with a WOZS71, WO 0.8X FF/FR 6, Atik 428 EXC and IDAS P2 filter on  HEQ5 Pro and guided by PHD. Bias and Flat Frames no Darks.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-87895500-1397561927_thumb.p

Many thanks for your kind comments, the other night I braved the nearly full Moon  and attempted an LRGB session on M81, a very rare attempt as 95% of my captures are with an OSC camera. I have processed the RGB with a small degree of success but the Lum, using a Baader Neodymium filter is giving me hell as it was taken much later in the morning as the Moon was rising and the gradients are horrendous. I also did 5X600s  of Ha which has not  fared any better. I guess I still have a lot to learn.

Regards,

A.G

Archived