NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astronomy Centre, Todmorden

Dave_D

Took the kids over to the Astronomy Centre in Todmorden today. Although i pass the area three weekends out of four to pick my kids up for the weekend, it's rare that i get saturdays up here. Was great to meet Peter Drew who gave us a tour, and i can only say that the place is a DIY astronomers paradise :D everywhere i looked, under tables, in nooks and crannies there was a scope or some other item of astro equipment just calling out to be tinkered with. The main telescopes were awesome, the 30" dob is a monster to be beheld. Peter was very friendly and we had a nice chat about 'stuff'. I had a little chuckle to myself at finding Vixen GP mounts everywhere as it's the mount i use on my 10" newt at home. One thing the visit has done, is reinforce my desire for a permanent obsy when i have a place for one, and am no longer one of 'camorons scroungers', as standing inside any of the domes at the site was very pleasant, even considering the howling wind and rain :D

You have a great place there Peter, and i highly recommend everyone who is in a position to do so, to visit.

Archived