Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Not at all bad this evening

JamesF

It's taken a fair while for the cloud to clear, but now it has the seeing is pretty good.  Perhaps not quite as good as last night, but still not to be sniffed at.

I've just followed Jupiter down from where it was at about 10pm when the cloud cleared until it disappeared behind the trees.  I was going to move over to Mars, but thought I'd stick with it despite the fact that the planet was showing it's "boring" side.  Fortune was on my side however as about half an hour ago Ganymede popped out from behind the planet as a pleasant bonus.

Looks like Mars has just made it above thirty degrees, so that's next...

James

Seeing here was really good just after dusk with some huge festoons coming off the NEB, well it must have been good because that was the first time in 18 months that 16" has given me decent views of Jupiter!

The moon looked so so and same with Mars really. Nice to get out though. :)

Bah.  Looks like there's some streaky cloud making its way across the sky from the west.  It's not far off the Moon already.  Looks like the evening may be curtailed :(

James

Bah.  Looks like there's some streaky cloud making its way across the sky from the west.  It's not far off the Moon already.  Looks like the evening may be curtailed :(

James

Sorry James but it only goes downhill from there! :(

Yup, I've decided to call it a night.  Can't complain really.  Had a decent couple of hours out there and it's saving me from myself really as I have a fairly busy day tomorrow.

James

Archived