Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Re-processed some old DSO data

Amra

Internet disappeared today & I didn't have much to do, so I went to see if I could get more out of some old data I've captured over the times, some of it 1 year old from when I first started astrophotography.

I'm glad DSS autosaves .tifs, because much of my dark frames from back then are long gone & I don't have to re-stack the data for PixInsight!

Colour balance was wrong on so many pictures because I've been shooting with full spectrum DSLR and didn't know how to fix it back when I started out. I like my new revisions a lot, but there's still plenty of noise in them, but they have certainly improved. Anyway, on to the images, I welcome any tips for further improvement!

Please click the previews for full resolution, I didn't manage to preview them from astrobin without annotations, annoyingly. Also if you want to see the originals they are also with the images & can be seen in the smaller view in astrobin if you just click on the full resolution image.

I especially like the M82/M81 image, didn't know all that detail was saved in there, just waiting to be processed out! M51 turned out quite well too. All this data is sub 1-hour stacks captured with quite short exposures, usually under a minute. Can't wait to see what I can get out of my autoguiding setup when it finally works smoothly and I'm capturing 10 minute subs for hours, would be cool to finally get some colours into the DSOs! :)

NGC 4565 Needle Galaxy

c68c9eeb-aec0-45b5-9eeb-e309cea89212.jpg

M66 Leo Triplet

0a0a8e7d-1255-4c5b-9d95-7ab28350cc75.jpg

M51 Whirlpool Galaxy

cc0ebb4b-79c4-4865-b1d8-826fa9135382.jpg

M82 Cigar Galaxy & M81 Bode's Nebula

bbd9c0d9-9f55-4bc2-8eb0-a3b12e5e0e70.jpg

Archived