NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Typical....

pragmatist

Got the Solar scope, finally got the mount working as I like and now the blumming Sahara desert has decided to dump a load if dust over East Anglian, oh and the met office predict four days of cloud.

Thought this only happened to night time observers.

ALL optics are cloud magnets. Having said that, my last three scope purchases (C8 18 years ago, 80mm APM 3 years ago, LS35THa 2 years ago) all coincided with good weather and first light was on the day of arrival (must be good karma left over from a previous life ;)). I did gather you managed a first quick look, so your karma supply is not bad at all.

ALL optics are cloud magnets. Having said that, my last three scope purchases (C8 18 years ago, 80mm APM 3 years ago, LS35THa 2 years ago) all coincided with good weather and first light was on the day of arrival (must be good karma left over from a previous life ;)). I did gather you managed a first quick look, so your karma supply is not bad at all.

No i suppose you are quite right, on day of arrival the sun shone brilliantly all day though it was a quiet day for our nearest and dearest star.

LoL @ the Sahara

I managed to get in 12 solar sessions compared to 6 astro sessions in March :shocked:

To get 18 sessions in total in one month is pretty good going :laugh: I think the two combined are a perfect match.

Archived