Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunt 60 arrived

pragmatist

Got my Lunt yesterday with pressure tuner and just need a bit of help as i don't want to [removed word] it up. The instructions mention unscrewing the large black handle completely and pulling the piston out. Is the piston the thing within the black handle/cap? It seems a bit fiddly pulling the piston out as there is grease and no grip to do so or am i missing something?

you do not need to pull out the piston.

1. unscrew the large black handle until it comes loose (1 or 2 mm will do) - you may hear a "pop" and the air can get inside the tuner...

2. screw it back on again & you are done

You may need to repeat this every few weeks - if you find that you are having to tighten the tuner to far in.

Alan

You're just missinterpretting the instruction.

Simply unscrew the black PT knob until it lets air into the chamber to stabilise the air pressure. You don't have to touch the greasy internals at all. Then simply screw the black knob down again to increase the pressure and tune the etalon.

When you finally point it at the sun, turn the focus knob to extend the drawtube about 25mm then rough focus by sliding the the blocking filter extension tube in and out, lock it then fine tune again with the focus knob. Fine tune the PT and enjoy the view.

I unscrew the PT knob a bit after every session and reset to ambient air pressure the every time I use it.

Archived