NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Guiding with Finder scope

I have a SW 9x50 finder and was wondering if there is a way of connecting the guide scope to it PL131M.

I see there is a mini guide system from Altair Astro, but was wondering if there was one for the Skywatcher.

Pat

I have the same finder with the same intension but an adapter isn't currently available for my camera I'm going to be using.

Bernard at modern astronomy is currently working on something.

Check out the modern astronomy website under adapters.

I have a SW 9x50 finder and was wondering if there is a way of connecting the guide scope to it PL131M.

I see there is a mini guide system from Altair Astro, but was wondering if there was one for the Skywatcher.

Pat

I would cut my losses and get one of these, a bit pricy but it works very well particularly the helical focuser.Just make sure you can get the camera in the focuser. I use a 50mm Starguider that I bought from Sky's the Limit off ebay for about £70.00 last year, the focusing is by rotating the front element.

http://www.opticstar.com/Run/Astronomy/Astro-Accessories-Imagers-Opticstar.asp?p=0_10_5_0_3_350

A.G

I have the same finder with the same intension but an adapter isn't currently available for my camera I'm going to be using.

Bernard at modern astronomy is currently working on something.

Check out the modern astronomy website under adapters

Thanks for the tips guys.

Hobsey I spoke with Bernard this morning and he is certain my PL131M will fit the SW 9x50 with the straight through adaptor.

Just ordered one and will post the outcome on here.

Pat

Archived