Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Alignmaster Questions

Davey-T

Downloaded Alignmaster to give it a try last night and managed to get a good alignment according to the program, a couple of points, why do Alignmaster and the mount software report different errors ?

Why did it choose Duhbe in a lot of the best pairs when it was  right overhead and really awkward.

What does the LMST time mean as it appears to be about 17 min's ahead of the right time.

Dave

LMST is Local Mean Sidereal Time. I asked the devs about star selection and didn't really get a satisfactory answer, just that the stars used changes over time. This didn't answer the question as to why certain stars in a particular area were listed but stars close by the one in the list were not.

Personally, i'd like to be able to select the two stars used from all the stars in the list, not have a predefined selection but that's just my opinion.

Personally, i'd like to be able to select the two stars used from all the stars in the list, not have a predefined selection but that's just my opinion.

Me too, gave up standing on my head trying to center Duhbe and used one of the not so good ? pairs.

Dave

Archived